VICTORIAN PENSIONER EXEMPTION FOR STAMP DUTY
1 July 2008
The State Revenue Office in Victoria is providing exemptions and concessions on the stamp duty for a house purchased by eligible pensioners.
To qualify for either an exemption or concession you must fall into one of the following categories;
1. PENSIONER CONSESSION CARD (CENTRELINK),
2. HEALTH CARE CARD (CENTRELINK),
3. PENSIONER CONSESSION CARD (DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS), or
4. GOLD CARD (DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS).
To claim an exemption or concession, the applicant needs to provide a Statutory Declaration to the Victorian Office of State Revenue.
For more information, contact the Office of State Revenue by one of the following means;
1. Snail Mail: Revenue Office GPO BOX 1641 MELBOURNE 3000, OR DV 260090 MELBOURNE Level 2, 121 Exhibition St MELBOURNE.
2. Internet: www.sro.vic.gov.au
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Telephone: 132 161
5. Fax: 03 9628 0021