Mon 21/07/2014 5:10 PM
Meritorious Unit Citation Investiture Ceremony for the Force Communications Unit (FCU) United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC)
INVESTITURE PARADE AND INFORMAL REUNION DETAILS
On Monday, 22nd September, 2014, The Governor-General of Australia, His Excellency, General Sir Peter Cosgrove AK, MC, will conduct the Meritorious Unit Citation [MUC] Investiture Ceremony for the Force Communications Unit (FCU) United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC), at the Defence Force School of Signals [DFSS], Simpson Barracks, MACLEOD, VIC. This will involve the presentation and attachment of the MUC Streamer to the Her Royal Highness, Princess Anne Banner [Royal Australian Corps of Signals]. The presentation of the MUC Insignia will be made to the two Contingent Commanders and the Regimental Sergeants Majors of the FCU to UNTAC. The Warrant of the MUC Citation will be kept in the custody of the DFSS, to signify the Australian Defence Force tri-service and Royal New Zealand Corps of Signals (RNZSIGS) composition of the FCU.
• Saturday 20 Sep 2014 - Informal Reunion of FCU UNTAC veterans at the Royal Australian Corps of Signals (RASIGS), 1800hrs till late. All FCU Veterans and partners welcome. Meal provided with highly competitive costs for drinks. Cost: TBA.
• Monday 22 September 2014 - 0900 for 0930 MUC FCU UNTAC Investiture Ceremony and presentation, 1015 at the conclusion of Investiture Ceremony, morning tea with the GG - all Veterans and families welcome. No cost.
• Monday 22 September 2014 - 1200 for 1230 MUC FCU UNTAC Commemoration Lunch at Watsonia RSL. Cost: TBA. Former UNTAC Force Commander LTGEN John Sanderson, AC, will be the Guest Speaker at this MUC Commemorative Lunch.
Please note, you MUST Register with us, providing your name and the names of your guests/family, in order to gain entry onto Simpson Barracks for the Reunion of Saturday 20th September and the MUC FCU UNTAC Investiture Ceremony on Monday 22nd September. Security on the Barracks will be tightened as a result of this occasion.
To indicate your interest and Register, please visit our website: http://www.mucfcuuntac.info/expression-of-interest
To keep up to date with news, please visit our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1420385398200637/
The Defence MUC FCU UNTAC Site:
• POC Military Ceremony and Protocol: WO1 Danny Smith, RSM DFSS, email@example.com M: 0419 442 938
• POC FCU UNTAC Veterans: Paul Copeland firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0419 355 226