Sent: Fri 5/12/2014 11:15 AM
VETERAN SUPPORT CONTINUES OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD
With the Christmas and New Year period fast approaching, I would like to share with you the Department of Veterans’ Affairs service arrangements for the Christmas/New Year period.
All DVA offices, including all Veterans’ Access Network (VAN) and Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS) offices will close at close of business on Wednesday, 24 December 2014 and will reopen on Friday, 2 January 2015.
While the offices may be closed, veterans and their families can continue to access many of the key DVA services by:
• phoning VVCS on 1800 011 046 for 24-hour counselling support;
• visiting DVA’s At Ease mental health portal www.at-ease.dva.gov.au; and
• logging in to MyAccount through www.dva.gov.au to manage transport bookings and other services.
Other services that will be available include:
• transport – if transport is not booked prior to the Christmas period, veterans will need to pay up front and seek reimbursement from DVA later. Alternatively transport can also be booked and modified, and travel expenses can be lodged online through MyAccount-DVA’s online services portal. Veterans who are not registered for MyAccount can arrange this prior to the Christmas-New Year period by phoning DVA on 133 254 or visiting https://myaccount.dva.gov.au/
• hospital admissions – doctors can admit DVA patients into hospital and request admissions approval, where required, when DVA re-opens.
• urgent medical and/or allied health treatment – should proceed as normal, providers can seek retrospective financial approval when DVA re-opens.
• Defence Service Homes Insurance – help with policy and claim enquiries is available 24-hours a day on 1300 552 662.
It is also important to note that the last pension payday of the calendar year has been brought forward to Monday, 22 December 2014 to allow payments to be received prior to the Christmas Day public holiday. All other pension pay dates will remain the same.
I wish you all a safe and merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Senator the Hon Michael Ronaldson
Minister for Veterans' Affairs
Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC
Special Minister of State
Media inquiries: Minister Ronaldson: Jordi Procel 02 6277 7820 or 0448 232 908
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Media: 02 6289 6203
Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS) and Veterans Line can be reached 24 hours a day across Australia for crisis support and free and confidential counselling. Phone 1800 011 046 (international: +61 8 8241 4546)